Brother MFC-J885DW Driver Download & Setup Installations
Brother MFC-J885DW Manual Printer Driver
Brother MFC-J885DW Wireless Setup, Wifi Setup, Fax Setup, Driver & Software For Mac, Linux, Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, Xp (32-bit/64-bit), Ink Cartridges – Compact, inexpensive, productive, and strong. The large 2.7″ Touch Screen screen lets you effortlessly navigate, simple to use onscreen menus. Value-added features enhance your workflow – like two-sided printing, NFC “touch to link” capabilities, and simple connectivity to mobile devices and the cloud. With free phone service for the life of this item, this Brother All-in-One will be a part of your family and a partner in your business – for a lengthy time.
Reviews – The tray is removable, which is useful for loading paper into it, but why would a printer that places itself as a
advantage for smaller offices only have room for 100 sheets of routine letter-sized paper? Brother says it is able to print up to 2,500 pages per month (also called the “duty cycle”), so get prepared to refill the tray much if you believe that’ll approach that amount of printing quantity.
Brother attempts to make up for it with another input tray on top of the most important one which fits an additional 20 sheets of 4-inch-by-6-inch picture paper in there, but the build quality is a true point of difficulty, too. The plastic that the company used is really thin and flimsy, and I kept stressing that parts of the tray would snap off every time I reinserted it back in the machine. Everything from the doorway of the media card reader to the fold-out auto-document feeder is constructed from the same plastic, and it provides the printer an overall cheap feel.
The great news, however, is that there is no lack of features that Brother incorporates to the printer, and it is all things that businesses will find helpful for workday productivity. As mentioned before, you get a 20-sheet auto-document feeder on the top for sending multipage files through, and there’s also a duplexer built into the back of the device which you could use to save money by printing on both sides of one sheet of newspaper.
Since Brother expects the normal consumer will find just as much utility in the Brother J885DW as a small business might, there is also a media card bay just to the left of the center console.
Personally, I prefer hard buttons for shortcuts and the amount dial pad, but that is a matter of personal preference. The screen does register the touch of a finger with precision, though, and I can see it being useful to customize exactly which apps and settings you’d want to use for a specific office setup. The colour scanner is hidden on top under the lid, also you’ll be able to use the scan-to feature to send a document directly to many different destinations: email, media card, computer file, flash memory, and more. You can also use the free Brother iPrint&Scan app to send jobs directly to a mobile device.
You can make a quick connection to any personal computer running Windows or Mac OS by using a straightforward USB cord, but if you do this you won’t have the ability to benefit from the great number of extras that you get with a wireless link. Employing Wi-Fi Direct access, the printer guided me through the process of linking it to my network and I managed to get up and running using wireless link within five minutes it was a really easy and streamlined. And if you’ve got an NFC-compatible smartphone, then you may simply place the phone in addition to the specified NFC landing place on the printer and start printing snapshot photos and memos just as easily.
Like most of those big-name printer manufacturers, Brother provides a full package of cloud printing software that lets you use your smartphone or tablet in combination with Web services such as Facebook, Flickr, Dropbox along with other people to look at your endeavors across a broad landscape of services.
Instead, Brother also warrants a little extra credit for supplying a restricted two-year warranty together with the printer which includes free phone service for the life span of the goods. The normal warranty we usually see with printers is only annually, so good on Brother for standing with its merchandise longer.
While I would think about the output quality of the Brother MFC-J885DW to be acceptable for professionals, the printing speeds leave a lot of room for improvement and ultimately led to my decision to provide this printer a less-favorable inspection. I was anticipating its print rate to measure up at least on par with Brother’s very own Brother MFC-J470DW, but it really lagged, even while printing our standard ten-page black text sample document. This model could only churn through 5.31 pages per minute (ppm), while the Brother J470DW rocketed ago at 9.78ppm, almost double the rate. The print engine also couldn’t keep up with the contest from the full-color images page tester with an average speed of only 4.13ppm. The only area where the Brother J885DW earned a little respect is the 4-inch by 6-inch snapshot photo evaluation, where it was able to publish 7.73ppm.
Brother certainly makes a lot of very respectable work friendly all-in-one printers, but the Brother J885DW isn’t one of these. The output speed is going to have you waiting at the printer to your job to complete, and I suspect that many offices will feel disappointed by the build quality too, even at the $150 price point. Together with the low paper input capacity, purchasing this printer means you’ll be subjecting yourself to lots of labour for below-average rate performance.
If you’re seriously shopping for a printer for your home office, the Brother MFC-J470DW is a much better option it’s
all the very same attributes as this unit however
using dedicated buttons on your control panel, cheaper ink refills, and is $50 less on the retail cost. The only thing you are going to have to forfeit from the J885DW is your touch screen display as well as the NFC compatibility.
Brother MFC-J885DW Specifications
- Maximum Printing Size Up to 8.5″ x 14″ (Legal)
- Consumable Type 4-Cartridge Ink System
- ISO-based Print Speed (black) 12ppm
- ISO-based Print Speed (color) 10ppm
- Print Resolution (maximum dpi) Up to 6000 x 1200 dpi‡
- ISO-based Copy Speed (color) 6 / 6 ppm
- Reduction/Enlargement 25% – 400% n 1% increments
Brother MFC-J885DW Ink Cartridges
- Brother LC203Y High Yield Yellow
- Brother LC203BK High Yield Black
- LC203C High Yield Cyan
- LC203M High Yield Magenta
- Brother OEM LC2013PKS C/M/Y Ink
- Brother OEM LC203Y High-Yield Yellow
- OEM LC203BK High-Yield Black
- OEM LC203C High-Yield Cyan
- OEM LC203M High-Yield Magenta
Brother MFC-J885DW Printer Wireless Setup
1. Factory Reset
- Hit the “menu” button on your printer machine.
- Use the above under button to search “Network” menu.
- Press “OK” button.
- Select “Factory Reset” and choose “OK” button.
- Press number “1” (if your printer has fax button and you find nothing at the screen), the machine starts searching for the network automatically.
2. Setup Wizard
- Press the “menu” button.
- Use the above under button, search “Network” menu, press “OK” button.
- Choose “WLAN” menu, press “OK” button.
- Choose “Setup Wizard” menu. The machine is searching SSID. If it is finished, press “Clear/Back” button.
- See the screen, there should be Wi-Fi icon.
How To Installations Brother MFC-J885DW Printer Driver (Windows)
- Insert the CD driver/CD room to your computer/laptop. Download the driver above if you do not have CD driver.
- Download the driver to file RAR/ZIP.
- Extract the file.
- Select Start, select MFL-Pro Suite, select the language that you want.
- Continue by following the instructions until the installations is complete.
How To Installations Brother MFC-J885DW Printer Driver (Mac)
- Connect the printer through the USB cable.
- Turn the printer on.
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- If your printer is connected, you can see it on the list.
- Choose Add.
- Head to Printers & Scanners.
- Choose your printer (Brother).
- On the right area, you can find your printer’s information.
- Choose Open Print Queue.
- Choose Printer.
- Choose Print Test Page.
- If it is OK, your printer is ready to use.
How To Installations Brother MFC-J885DW Printer Driver (Linux)
- Turn on the computer, works with the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open your browser, navigate to the local host: 631
- Connect your printer.
- On the browser, head to Administration tab. Select Printers.
- Choose Add Printer.
- Enter a username & password.
- The printer should be on the list. Choose your printer, press continue.
- CUPS identified, add the printer.
- There is a pop-up configuration window, enter the values as needed.
- Your printer is ready to use.
Note: You must connect your printer to your PC or laptop to do the installations.
Compatible Operating System (OS)
- Windows 10, Win 8.1, Win 8, Win 7, Windows vista, Windows XP
- Mac os 10.13, Mac os 10.12, Mac os x 10.11, Mac os x 10.10, Mac os x 10.9, Mac os x 10.8, Mac os x 10.7
- Linux rpm, Linux deb,
- Windows Phone, Android, iOS.
Brother MFC-J885DW Driver Download For Windows, Mac, Linux
Download →Brother MFC-J885DW Driver & Software for Windows
Download →Brother MFC-J885DW Driver & Software for Mac
Download →Brother MFC-J885DW Driver & Software for Linux
Brother MFC-J885DW Driver From Brother Official →Click Here